May 2013 President’s Letter
On the heels of Diane Helbig’s great luncheon presentation last month, here’s a “test” to quantify how your marketing efforts are working, or at least this is one method for evaluating what you’re doing. If you’re not currently using any of these strategies, why not give them a try? They’re a great place to start! Happy marketing this summer (don’t even try to tell me summer is a “dead” time for you business. It’s up to you to make it come alive! So get you #2 pencils out and let’s get started!
Predict your marketing success in 2013
BY MARIBETH KUZMESKI FEBRUARY 8, 2013
Take this quick eight-question assessment to predict your success in 2013 (and find areas in which to improve):
1. Do you have an up-to-date website with at least one call to action to get people to interact, sign up for an email newsletter, request valuable information, download a whitepaper, register for a seminar or interact in another way?
5 points for one or more calls to action.___
5 additional points for each call to action already generating qualified leads.___
2. Do you have video on your website? --- If yes, 5 points.___
3. Do you have a marketing activity that will generate a minimum of five new qualified prospects each month (seminars, mailings, email campaigns, networking events, strategic alliance referrals, client referrals, etc.)?
If yes, 5 points for each activity/strategy that has been proven to or will likely produce qualified prospects: ___
4. Do you have a list of more than 500 prospects (those who are prospective clients only) for mail and/or email marketing purposes?
If yes, 5 points, plus 5 points for each additional 500 prospects on your list: ___
5. How often do you contact your list of prospective clients?
10 points for monthly contact via email, mail or phone: ___
6. How many prospects do you have on your “hotlist” (those you feel have a high likelihood of doing business with you this year)?
1 point for each prospect: ___
7. How many referral clients did you gain in 2012? --- 1 point for each referral-turned-client: ___
8. How many referrals have you already received this year? --- 10 points for each referral.___
Total Score: ___; How did you do? Here’s the scoring key:
- Top producer. Score of 80 to 100+ points. Congratulations, you will likely have a great year.
- Marketing up-and-comer. Score of 50 to 79 points. You are building a strong pipeline.
- Just getting started. Score of 30 to 49 points. You are on the right track, but to acquire new business, you may need to pay more attention to marketing.
- Opportunity alert. Score of 0-29 points. You have all sorts of potential to better use marketing to generate new business.